Wednesday, January 13, 2010

#2 - Transportation

Karen: A pretty unconventional form of transportation, I know, but those who know me understand my love for The Wizard of Oz. It has always been an ongoing joke with my family- they used to call me Dorothy when I was young because they always felt I was “in Oz”. It became so much so that I wore these shoes- my ruby red slippers- at my wedding day and danced with my father to “somewhere Over the Rainbow”
In more recent years, "There's no place like home" has really become a lasting phrase in my mind. Living so far away from friends and family has gotten to be a struggle, but I have my Scarecrow (Tim) with me and I know we will eventually be “home”.

Cassie: One of my neighbors has a great licence plate 'JEEPITUP'. I drove by his place for two days trying to be on the ball taking my picture, but he must have been away or something. Here is a picture of my Jeep (again late on a Tuesday night), which is currently without air conditioning, a static-y radio, over 174,000 miles and I just love it. I affectionately call my jeep 'Jeepie', sometimes a boy but sometimes a girl, but we have been through a lot. I know Jeepie and I will make it into the 200,000 club and will have many more adventures for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment