Wednesday, October 20, 2010

#42 - Local Culture

Karen: jersey has a lot of culture- these days people are confused as to whether that is fist pumping (Jersey Shore), joining the mafia (The Sopranos), or overly spending money you don't have (Real Housewives). My favorite part of local culture here, though, is the bagels! You haven't had a bagel unless you've had a hot, fresh bagel from NJ. There is nothing like them! And if you're feeling like some extra culture you need to get a taylor ham, egg, and cheese sandwich on one of these delicious balls of boiled dough!




Cassie: Its North Carolina State Fair time its like nothing I have ever expeirenced in New Jeresey or while I was at Elon. I have truly embraced this time of year and love so many things about the fair. I like to go to every area of the fair and its really convientent that everything is in the same spot each year so you get to know your way around. I visit all of the animal tents, check out the art building which has the honey cotton candy, there was a 874 lb pumpkin that won a blue ribbon this year, and who doesn't like some pig racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment