Tuesday, January 24, 2012

#4 - Dinner

Amy: Little Mexico is all I have to say! This is the man responsible for making the most amazing tacos!! Dos taco pollo. They serve chicken, sirloin, and chirizo tacos, among other spanish sandwiches and tamales. This is the best neighborhood joint for a quick, cheap, and tasty dinner. The Guatamalan owners are really cute too! We went in one time looking for chocolate ice cream, but they only had pistachio. He apologized profusely and the next time we went in, they had it. Visit Little Mexico! you will not be disappointed.


Lauren: Mmmm....mexican for dinner! It just so happens that Brian and I both love a healthy, semi-authentic mexican meal, complete with homemade guacamole and cilantro-lime brown rice. Not surprisingly, I often end up turning my intended fajita or soft taco into a giant salad; after all, my day is not complete without at least a serving (or two) of spinach and veggies galore! :-) I love prepping for and cooking this meal because it gives Brian and I time to talk while creating a great meal together. Tan delicioso!!

Karen: so it's been somewhat like a 3 ring circus in my house. Just when I thought it was already crowded my 88 year old grandmother came to join in the fun. Having her around definitely keeps us all on our toes. It is nice though to have family dinners all the time. Many times the 5 of us (myself, husband Tim, and mom & dad) and many times my brother, his wife, and 4 1/2 month old son join in the festivities. My grandmother is 100% Italian, came to the US when she was 4, and cooking is a huge part of her life. She doesn't have one recipe written down and so as her memory is starting to drift I am quickly trying to get all of her tips when I can. Here she was helping me last night bread flounder for dinner. All along I have always dipped in egg then breadcrumb. But she taught me to use milk instead. Honestly I don't know if I tasted the difference but it made her happy to show me her way and I think I'll continue doing it that way in her honor.


Cassie: Its restaurant week in Raleigh and after failing at getting a table at two places, we finally just settled for a burger at Mo Joe's. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely not settling but I was hungry and forgot to take my picture. My picture is of our dinner for tomorrow night. I saw a this crock pot recipe on my new favorite addiction Pintrest. Preparing dinner in not even two minutes by dumping 3 ingredients into a pot is my kind of cooking on a weeknight. I know that it looks pretty disgusting now, but after cooking slowing for 8 hours it will be perfect!





No comments:

Post a Comment